Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Should i let my puppy sleep in my bed or not?

If you ask any dog trainer not only should they not be in your bed but they should not sleep in your room either. I totally disagree. I have six dogs and as youngs pups they did sleep next to me. I decided with #6 to not allow her to sleep in my bed. I found she was not bonding with me the same as,my others. After trying this for awhile i was not happy with the results and swore it was because i was not allowing her to sleep with me. I ended up changing it and had her come in. It took longer but gradually saw the change in her. I think the biggest problem is that once you start this it is very hard to break. You never know what the future holds for you so it may seem fine now but in 6 years you might change your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment